SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager with POPM Certification
Course SummaryDevelop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
They will also learn how to apply lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
LEARNING GOALSTo perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe® in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe® Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan.
- Applying SAFe® in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
WHAT ATTENDEE'S GET
The class registration includes:
Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) exam
One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
OWNER/PRODUCT MANAGER CERTIFICATION EXAM
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe® environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
- SAFe® Certification Kit
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Product.
- Exam name: SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager PDF certificate
- SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager digital badge to promote the accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform, which includes access to the PO/PM Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that provide connections with other SAFe® certified professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe® journey
- Annual Renewal
- Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned.
- Renewal fee: $100
MORE EXAM DETAILS
- Passing score: 35 out of 45 (78% passing score)
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.